Monday, September 28, 2009

."There is a great distance between said and done." -- Puerto Rican proverb

I believe in this proverb. Too many people like to make promises and they do not feel that they have to fulfill the promise. I do not like to judge. I know people who do not believe in themselves. I know have no faith in some people who have promised me certain important things and have never fulfilled on their committment. So, the same way that South America and Africa are very far away is the action separate from the saying that the action will get done. I understand when there exist a series of circumstances that are out of one's control, but, many times, it isn't the latter case. I read a story about a composer that did not have money to pay for transportation to perform at a concert, so he walked there. It took him 3 weeks to walk there. Now, that is a person whom I would trust to fulfill a promise. That action shows determination and responsibility. Wow, and hurray for that composer! I know that this composer did become a successful person. One very special quality is to be an honest person and fulfill your promises to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment