Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Your children need your presence more than your presents.

As a child, I remember my mom was a stay-at-home and it was a good feeling knowing that I would see her face the minute I walked in from school. I can remember my friend would feel obligated to come over, yeah, that is sad, that she did not really want to come over. But we did our homework together as we sat at the kitchen table. It is always nice to study with someone.
I can remember even as a college student that a good friend of mine seemed like she missed her mom's presence after she got home from college. Yes, this was the first year --- freshman year. I studied at the college in New York. The name of the college is John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Her name is Daisy. I don't know if this is as a result of the mom's lack of presence, but Daisy got pregnant and decided to get an abortion. That is a difficult situation to be in, and it is a very difficult decision to make for a teenager or for anyone for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment