Thursday, October 29, 2009

"The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls and looking like...

."The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls and looking like
hard work." -- Thomas Edison

I think a lot of folks like to start at the top at a company. It is not normal to start as an executive. I have met people that have worked in mail rooms in New York and I have met people who have started in a temporary job, and they have climbed the ladder of success. I, personally, do not like temporary jobs. I know of a company in Christmas, Florida that is growing organic foods. It seems to be a growing company. I think that anyone who starts as a farmer and works with all that wonderful, and not-so-wonderful dirt (it is mixed with horse manuer)will have the chance of moving up in the company. I believe that there are people that are given certain talents. Some of these people do not want to explore the "hard work" area because they feel better than anyone else. So if they get hurt and they cannot do the particular job that uses their talent, they become lazy. A change in career is sometimes inevitable in life. It is important to have a great moral support system. But when you don't have one, one must be one's own cheerleader.

No comments:

Post a Comment