Thursday, October 29, 2009

If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble." -- Bob Hope

I don't know if it is because I am an over-the-hill student, but I like to get the best grade possible on all my tests ---therefore, I blamed myself for not getting a question correctly in the science class. The question had to do with cleft lip deformity. It is a congential deformity. There is a charity called, "Smiles," and I had promised myself to donate money, but I never did. I had made this promise about two months ago. Well, now, that I have incorrectly answered these two questions, and it took me away from the 90s mark, I will make sure to pay closer attention to the importance of giving. It is important to be compassionate towards others. It is too easy to forget the less fortunate and the needy when one is too busy enjoying a plush life. But then something like getting a grade below 90, or, even more drastic, becoming dirt poor, can remind us that it's important to give to the poor. It is a great medicine for the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment